The continuing mission of Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran Church, as a gathering of Christians, is to serve all people in God's world with the gospel of Jesus Christ on the basis of the Holy Scriptures.
We believe that...
- the entire Bible is God's inspired, inerrant, unchanging revelation to mankind.
- in the Bible God reveals himself as three distinct yet equal persons in one divine Being: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in the Bible God reveals that all people have inherited a sinful nature from Adam and are by that nature spiritually dead, hostile to God, and incapable of believing in him.
- in the Bible God reveals that he is perfectly just and must punish every sin for eternity, yet he is perfectly loving and wants all people to be saved from their sins.
- in the Bible God reveals that he promised and sent his Son, Jesus Christ, as a human being to live the perfect life he requires of us and to be punished for sin in our place. Because Jesus is also God, his life and death count for all sin of all people of all time.
- in the Bible God reveals that Jesus' saving work becomes ours only by faith. This faith is a gift from God, which the Holy Spirit creates in us through the good news of forgiveness of sins and eternal life in the gospel.
- in the Bible God reveals that he wants believers to share the good news of forgiveness of sins and eternal life in Jesus with all people so that "whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
- in the Bible God reveals that faith lives and grows only through the continued hearing of his Word and partaking of his Sacraments - baptism and the Lord's Supper - and that through these means God works in us the desire to glorify him in a life of loving service to him and to our neighbor.
For a complete summary of what we believe, teach, and confess please contact us. We will be happy to send you a booklet, "This We Believe", at no cost or obligation.